Contract Laboratory has received the following Geology Laboratory Test Requests which need to be fulfilled! These Laboratory Test Requests are received from a variety of sources ranging from start-up companies to large, multinational Fortune 500 corporations, international organizations, well-respected universities and government agencies that are actively seeking Independent, Third-Party Geology Laboratories to perform their Geology Testing, Analysis, Assays, Product Development, Scientific Research Experiments, Inspections, Certifications, and Engineering Projects. If you are a Geology laboratory that would like more information on these Geology projects, please visit our registration page or call toll us free 1-855-377-6821.
PhD student needs geology laboratory for various volcanic rock analyses including chemical, SEM and isotopes analysis. The following specific tests are needed:
Volcanic rocks (age) K - Ar, 3 - 5 samples ( silicate analyses, macro/micro elements, REE ) - Ore mineralogy ( polish section, SEM, EM) - Isotopes for: ( 5 samples for each elements)Sulfur, Sphalerite, Galena, Pyrite,SideriteOxygenCarbonCalcite mono-mineral analysis.
Geology laboratory needed for elemental and heavy metals analysis of two ores from a new source including iron ore to >10 ppm, with % or ppm concentrations within 10% or so. I suggest XRF, ICP or a combination. In addition, from another source I have some heavy minerals concentrate and need to know all significant minerals present and their concentrations, including ppm of gold, if any.
UK geology laboratory needed for clay testing for suitability for end uses as clay bricks, tiles, ceramics etc. Scope of testing to include:
An initial gradient firing on each borehole material (10 samples) to determine the firing temperature / colour related to each clay test piece after first milling to a suitable particle size range for clay brick manufacture.
Stage 2 work scope
The following tests will be carried out on the sample as received borehole material (10 samples):
· Particle size distribution - to be determined using both the sedigraph and dry sieving method, to cover the full size range of particles from millimetres to microns. The results would be collated to provide a full particle size distribution.
· XRF Analysis (with Loss on Ignition) - to be carried out to determine the bulk inorganic composition of the following 19 elemental oxides: SiO2, TiO2, CaO, MgO, K2O, Na2O, P2O5, Cr2O3, Mn3O4, ZrO2, HfO2, Al2O3, Fe2, PbO, ZnO, BaO, SrO, SnO2, CuO and SO3 (SO3 reported as remaining after loss on ignition fusion and is not for an accurate SO3 figure).
· Soluble Sulphate using Ion Chromatography on water soluble extract from each borehole.
· Total Carbon & Total Sulphur using the Leco total combustion technique to determine the percentage total sulphur and total carbon of each borehole material.
Stage 3 work scope
The following processing to take place on each borehole material to prepare fired specimens (5 samples selected after stage 2):
· Dried and Fired Shrinkages on five (5) appropriate prepared clay samples: to be tested for each borehole material to determine both the dried shrinkage from green state to after drying at 110 C, and shrinkage from being dried at 110 C to fully fired specimens. The firing temperature will be confirmed for each borehole material after the initial gradient firing.
· Water Absorption - on five (5) appropriate prepared clay samples: to be tested for each fired borehole material
· Summary Report - Summarizing all data with conclusions on the best materials for brick making, referencing typical brick properties.
· Fired samples retained to use as reference samples
Geo-electrical laboratory needed for testing of ground enhancing materials according to IEC 62561-7:
1. Leaching test - Based on EN12457 - 2 Part 2 and EN ? 12506
2. Sulfur test - Based on ISO 4689-3 : 2004
3. Corrosion test - Based on LPR method (Linear Polarization Resistance Method)
Electrical laboratory needed for ASTM & IEC Testing of ground enhancing compound to IEC 62561 Lightning protection system components
1. Leaching test - Based on EN12457 - 2 Part 2 and EN - 12506
2. Sulfur test - Based on ISO 4689-3 : 2004
3. Determination of resistivity : ASTM G57-06
4. Corrosion test - Based on LPR method (Linear Polarization Resistance Method)
Geology Laboratory needed for ASTM testing: Analys of rock salt (sodium chloride) based on requirements of ASTM D632. Chemical analyses will include sodium chloride purity (%NaCl) and moisture, but sodium ferrocyanide may also be requested. Physical analysis will entail a sieve analysis on the rock salt to determine the particle size distribution.
LONG-TERM TESTING Gemstone company needs geology laboratory needed for metallurgical and mineral analysis for gemstones, silica, gold, platinum, rare earth, etc. Initial testing for 6 samples. Please specify if there is reduced price for sending samples on a regular basis or if there is a reduced price for quantity?