Contract Laboratory has received the following Geology Laboratory Test Requests which need to be fulfilled! These Laboratory Test Requests are received from a variety of sources ranging from start-up companies to large, multinational Fortune 500 corporations, international organizations, well-respected universities and government agencies that are actively seeking Independent, Third-Party Geology Laboratories to perform their Geology Testing, Analysis, Assays, Product Development, Scientific Research Experiments, Inspections, Certifications, and Engineering Projects. If you are a Geology laboratory that would like more information on these Geology projects, please visit our registration page or call toll us free 1-855-377-6821.
Test Request 17-01490
PhD student needs geology laboratory for various volcanic rock analyses including chemical, SEM and isotopes analysis. The following specific tests are needed:
Volcanic rocks (age) K - Ar, 3 - 5 samples ( silicate analyses, macro/micro elements, REE ) - Ore mineralogy ( polish section, SEM, EM) - Isotopes for: ( 5 samples for each elements)Sulfur, Sphalerite, Galena, Pyrite,SideriteOxygenCarbonCalcite mono-mineral analysis.
Test Request 17-01312
Geology laboratory needed for elemental and heavy metals analysis of two ores from a new source including iron ore to >10 ppm, with % or ppm concentrations within 10% or so. I suggest XRF, ICP or a combination. In addition, from another source I have some heavy minerals concentrate and need to know all significant minerals present and their concentrations, including ppm of gold, if any.
Test Request 17-00724
UK geology laboratory needed for clay testing for suitability for end uses as clay bricks, tiles, ceramics etc. Scope of testing to include:
An initial gradient firing on each borehole material (10 samples) to determine the firing temperature / colour related to each clay test piece after first milling to a suitable particle size range for clay brick manufacture.
Stage 2 work scope
The following tests will be carried out on the sample as received borehole material (10 samples):
· Particle size distribution - to be determined using both the sedigraph and dry sieving method, to cover the full size range of particles from millimetres to microns. The results would be collated to provide a full particle size distribution.
· XRF Analysis (with Loss on Ignition) - to be carried out to determine the bulk inorganic composition of the following 19 elemental oxides: SiO2, TiO2, CaO, MgO, K2O, Na2O, P2O5, Cr2O3, Mn3O4, ZrO2, HfO2, Al2O3, Fe2, PbO, ZnO, BaO, SrO, SnO2, CuO and SO3 (SO3 reported as remaining after loss on ignition fusion and is not for an accurate SO3 figure).
· Soluble Sulphate using Ion Chromatography on water soluble extract from each borehole.
· Total Carbon & Total Sulphur using the Leco total combustion technique to determine the percentage total sulphur and total carbon of each borehole material.
Stage 3 work scope
The following processing to take place on each borehole material to prepare fired specimens (5 samples selected after stage 2):
· Dried and Fired Shrinkages on five (5) appropriate prepared clay samples: to be tested for each borehole material to determine both the dried shrinkage from green state to after drying at 110 C, and shrinkage from being dried at 110 C to fully fired specimens. The firing temperature will be confirmed for each borehole material after the initial gradient firing.
· Water Absorption - on five (5) appropriate prepared clay samples: to be tested for each fired borehole material
· Summary Report - Summarizing all data with conclusions on the best materials for brick making, referencing typical brick properties.
· Fired samples retained to use as reference samples
Test Request 17-00301
Geo-electrical laboratory needed for testing of ground enhancing materials according to IEC 62561-7:
1. Leaching test - Based on EN12457 - 2 Part 2 and EN ? 12506
2. Sulfur test - Based on ISO 4689-3 : 2004
3. Corrosion test - Based on LPR method (Linear Polarization Resistance Method)
Test Request 17-00215
Electrical laboratory needed for ASTM & IEC Testing of ground enhancing compound to IEC 62561 Lightning protection system components
1. Leaching test - Based on EN12457 - 2 Part 2 and EN - 12506
2. Sulfur test - Based on ISO 4689-3 : 2004
3. Determination of resistivity : ASTM G57-06
4. Corrosion test - Based on LPR method (Linear Polarization Resistance Method)