Medical Device Anti-Biofilm Testing
Microbiology Contract Laboratory needed to run an anti-biofilm tests (and several more in the future). The drip flow device chamber needs to be able to prevent influent nasal fluid bypass gel and/or bypass biofilm.. I am thinking of a drip flow based test. Please see description below.
Purpose of the study
This study is intended to quantify the anti-biofilm efficacy of a nasal spray/gel.
The nasal spray/gel will attach to mucosa and release active anti-microbial ingredient over time.
(1) Spray / gel formulation concentration a
(2) Spray / gel formulation concentration b
(3) Positive control spray / gel
(4) Negative control
Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)
Might include other bacteria and fungus organism later
1. Grow biofilm on solid surface
2. Transfer the coupon with biofilm in a clean drip flow chamber
3. Start influent of artificial nasal fluid or PBS (which does NOT contain bacteria).
4. Apply nasal spray/gel in the spot above biofilm (as illustrated in the graph below) (The purpose of this is to mimic the nasal fluid flow, so the active anti-microbial ingredient will diffuse out from gel).
5. Continue influent nasal fluid or PBS for X hours (for example 8 hours) (might test different time points)
6. Stop drip flow, Take coupon of biofilm out
7. Vortex/ sonicate and suspend bacteria from biofilm in PBS
8. Serial dilute bacteria suspension, plate on agar plates, incubate.
9. Count colonies
Key requirement of drip flow device
The drip flow device chamber needs to be able to prevent influent nasal fluid bypass gel and/or bypass biofilm.
Members of our Laboratory Outsourcing Network can use our online platform to communicate with the Lab Requestor, submit responses with quotes and have access to more information such as budget, location required, etc.
Contract Laboratory can help you with all your Medical Devices testing, analysis, scientific research and development, inspection, certification, engineering, failure investigation, and product development needs including:
Need Medical Devices Testing or Scientific Research?
Save time and money searching. Simply, submit a Medical Devices request to find the laboratories or lab suppliers that best meet your needs.
Canada Medical Device Company needs Laboratory needed for fluoride content testing view
Medical Device Laboratory needed for ANSI testing of blood pressure transducer tested to ANSI/AAMI BP-22 standard. Blood... view