Save time and money searching! Find a Lab for all your laboratory testing and scientific research.
Gain new business by registering your laboratory.
Call us 24/7 1-855-377-6821 or send us an email.
UK geology laboratory needed for clay testing for suitability for end uses as clay bricks, tiles, ceramics etc. Scope of testing to include:
An initial gradient firing on each borehole material (10 samples) to determine the firing temperature / colour related to each clay test piece after first milling to a suitable particle size range for clay brick manufacture.
Stage 2 work scope
The following tests will be carried out on the sample as received borehole material (10 samples):
· Particle size distribution - to be determined using both the sedigraph and dry sieving method, to cover the full size range of particles from millimetres to microns. The results would be collated to provide a full particle size distribution.
· XRF Analysis (with Loss on Ignition) - to be carried out to determine the bulk inorganic composition of the following 19 elemental oxides: SiO2, TiO2, CaO, MgO, K2O, Na2O, P2O5, Cr2O3, Mn3O4, ZrO2, HfO2, Al2O3, Fe2, PbO, ZnO, BaO, SrO, SnO2, CuO and SO3 (SO3 reported as remaining after loss on ignition fusion and is not for an accurate SO3 figure).
· Soluble Sulphate using Ion Chromatography on water soluble extract from each borehole.
· Total Carbon & Total Sulphur using the Leco total combustion technique to determine the percentage total sulphur and total carbon of each borehole material.
Stage 3 work scope
The following processing to take place on each borehole material to prepare fired specimens (5 samples selected after stage 2):
· Dried and Fired Shrinkages on five (5) appropriate prepared clay samples: to be tested for each borehole material to determine both the dried shrinkage from green state to after drying at 110 C, and shrinkage from being dried at 110 C to fully fired specimens. The firing temperature will be confirmed for each borehole material after the initial gradient firing.
· Water Absorption - on five (5) appropriate prepared clay samples: to be tested for each fired borehole material
· Summary Report - Summarizing all data with conclusions on the best materials for brick making, referencing typical brick properties.
· Fired samples retained to use as reference samples
Members of our Laboratory Outsourcing Network can use our online platform to communicate with the Lab Requestor, submit responses with quotes and have access to more information such as budget, location required, etc.
Contract Laboratory can help you with all your Environmental and Ecology testing, analysis, scientific research and development, inspection, certification, engineering, failure investigation, and product development needs including:
Need Environmental and Ecology Testing or Scientific Research?
Save time and money searching. Simply, submit a Environmental and Ecology request to find the laboratories or lab suppliers that best meet your needs.
Automotive Laboratory needed for high voltage noise testing based TSC0502G TOYOTA Load Dump Test System 1 (Mode 1) Load... view
Clinical Laboratory needed for radiobioassay performed for S-35 in urine. Please reply with information on pricing and a... view